A 2016 Edgar Allan Poe Award Nominee
The book is about, among other things: the strongest boy in the world, a talking cockatoo, a faulty mind reader, a beautiful bearded lady and a nervous magician, an old museum, and a shrunken head.
Blessed with extraordinary abilities, orphans Philippa, Sam, and Thomas have grown up happily in Dumfrey’s Dime Museum of Freaks, Oddities, and Wonders. But when a fourth child, Max, a knife-thrower, joins the group, it sets off an unforgettable chain of events.
When the museum’s Amazonian shrunken head is stolen, the four are determined to get it back. But their search leads them to a series of murders and an explosive secret about their pasts.
This sensational new series—a 2016 Edgar nominee for Best Juvenile book—combines the unparalleled storytelling gifts of Lauren Oliver with the rich knowledge of the notorious relics collector H. C. Chester.
What you will find in this book:
- A rather attractive bearded lady
- Several scandalous murders
- A deliciously disgusting Amazonian shrunken head
- Four extraordinary children with equally extraordinary abilities
- A quite loquacious talking bird
What you will NOT find in this book:
- An accountant named Seymour
- A never-ending line at the post office
- Brussel sprouts (shudder)
- A lecture on finishing all your homework on time
- A sweet, gooey story for nice little girls and boys
Learn more about the series online at www.thecuriosityhouse.com
|Available Formats :||CD, Library CD|
To listen to this title you will need our latest app
Due to publishing rights this title requires DRM and can only be listened to in the Blackstone Library app
DRM (Digital Rights Management) is a copyright protection for digital media. While much of Blackstone Library’s content is DRM free, and allows for usage across platforms, select products on Blackstone Library are required by publishers to have DRM protected files. These products will be playable exclusively on the BlackstoneLibrary.com apps, available for iOS and Android devices.